Handshake for employers
Recruiting Tritons Through Handshake
The University of Guam has partnered with Handshake, a platform where employers can recruit talented students for jobs and internships, giving companies access to powerful recruitment tools! Handshake allows companies to:
- Post job and internship opportunities
- Register for upcoming job fairs and events
- Download and view applicant resumes and profiles
- Schedule and host on-campus recruitment and info-sessions
- Schedule on-campus or virtual interviews
- Access a robust filtering system to make recruiting easier
- An easy-to-use mobile experience
In order to get started with recruiting, you will need to create a Handshake Account. Once you’ve created and confirm your account, you will need to select “University of Guam” when you connect to schools. Additionally, use a company email instead of a personal email.
If you would like a step-by-step guide including screenshots, please take a moment to visit Handshake’s Career Center resources: How to Create an Employer Account.
Take a look at the articles below to learn some of the basics of Handshake.
- Creating an Employer Account
- Post a Job and Internship
- Interviewing via Handshake
- Managing Applicants
- Want to do level up your Handshake knowledge? Head to the Handshake Help Center to learn some of the more advance features.
Employer Account Review and Approval
In order for your Handshake account to be approved, please make sure that you:
- Complete all required sections.
- Provide as much relevant information possible to better help students research and learn about your company.
- Provide a professional and consistent company email (ie. no personal Gmail or out of date email accounts).
- Create a profile that represents a recognized business. Personal requests or postings will be rejected.