Energy Storage – www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/DOE-EERE-EnergyStorage-2023
High Performance Computing – www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/DOE-EERE-HPC-2023
Robotics – www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/EERE-Robotics-2023
Deadline (Extended): February 10, 2023 | 5:00 PM EST
The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Advanced Materials & Manufacturing Technologies Office (AMMTO) offers three summer internships in Energy Storage, High Performance Computing, and Robotics. Each internship is a 10-week (May – September 2023), hands-on, practical experience designed to provide opportunities for students and recent graduates to intern at one of the 17 U.S. National Laboratories.
Why should I apply?
As a participant, you will engage in research-level activities under the guidance of a mentor who is a technical staff scientist or an engineer at a national laboratory. You will gain a competitive edge as you apply your education, talent, and skills to the research and development of projects focused on energy storage. You will have the opportunity to establish connections with DOE scientists and subject matter experts that will promote long-term relationships between yourself, researchers, and DOE.
What will I do?
Internship activities will vary based on the assigned research project and hosting facility. You can choose the project you are most interested in for the summer! As part of your application, you will identify your top 3 research projects from each program Project Catalog. You can review the catalogs by scrolling to the bottom of the webpage at the links below.
· Energy Storage – https://orise.orau.gov/AMsummer/energy-storage/default.html
· High Performance Computing – https://orise.orau.gov/AMsummer/hpc/default.html
· Robotics – https://orise.orau.gov/AMsummer/robotics/default.html
What are the benefits?
- Stipend starting at $700/week
- Housing allowance of $150/week, if eligible
- Training/Research allowance up to $250
- Travel reimbursement up to $2,000, if eligible
We are striving for onsite internships in Summer 2023. However, internships may result in a virtual placement due to continued COVID-19 impacts.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years old by May 1, 2023
- Be a student currently pursuing, or received within the last 24 months, an undergraduate or graduate degree related to the specific program
- High school seniors or candidates at the associate degree level are also eligible for the Robotics program
For detailed eligibility requirements, review each opportunity announcement linked below.
How to Apply
Each program requires a separate application. Applications and supporting materials must be submitted at:
· Energy Storage – https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/DOE-EERE-EnergyStorage-2023
· High Performance Computing – www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/DOE-EERE-HPC-2023
· Robotics – www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/EERE-Robotics-2023
Applications and recommendations are due February 10, 2023, 5:00 PM EST.
For more information
Contact us at AM.Internships@orise.orau.gov.
Please share this information with friends, colleagues, and students who may be interested in opportunities with DOE.
The summer opportunities are a cohort of internship programs funded by
the Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Technologies Office (AMMTO).
For more information about AM Summer Internships, visit https://orise.orau.gov/AMsummer/index.html.
DOE has partnered with the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) to manage this program.