Apply by June 5 to study at the master’s or doctoral level at a Japanese university.
Applications are now open for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Program for 2023. The program is for students who wish to study and conduct research at the master’s or doctoral level at Japanese universities under the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science & Technology (MEXT).
- hold U.S. citizenship and live in Guam or the CNMI (U.S. citizens who hold dual citizenship with Japan may apply under the condition they relinquish their Japanese citizenship upon selection)
- be born on or after April 2, 1988
- be a university graduate at the time of participation in the program
- be able to leave for and arrive in Japan between April 1-7, 2023, or within two weeks of the date set by the receiving university for the beginning of the semester
- conduct research in the same or related field as undergraduate degree
- be able to contact and obtain a letter of acceptance from a professor at the Japanese university they wish to enter
Completed applications must be received by the Consulate-General of Japan in Hagåtña no later than Friday, June 3, 2022.
All applications will be screened. Those who pass the screening will be invited for an interview at the Consulate-General of Japan in Hagåtña.
For more information, contact:
Consulate-General of Japan in Hagåtña
Professor of Japanese
University of Guam